Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

Can I be evicted making false noise complaints about my

Customer Question

Can I be evicted for neighbor making false noise complaints about my children? Porperty manager told me in letter I can be asked to vacate but on phone tells me not to worry.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, they would need to prove in court you actually violated the noise rules on the premises. Just having a neighbor making complaints without the evidence is not good enough for a court to uphold the eviction. So the landlord may be able to threaten you with the eviction, but legally if he tried when he went to court he would not be able to prove it without evidence or witnesses.