Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I need help desperately. The attorney I have paid is ghost

Customer Question

I need help desperately. The attorney I have paid is ghost and impossible. I am done with him. My LL sued me in ULD for 'move -in eviction'.. I believed I was not served properly so I did not answer complaint and went up on writ. In the meantime she then got 'clerks' judgment and got the writ to evict me. Just in time move the matter to federal court (april 11th._ May 11 back in local court now. May 24, LL got sheriff without any warning 'restore' the April vacate notice. I and my sister are not in a motel and deep expense. I am told to vacate the recall or vacate the sheriff lockout, so I have to the right to repossess. LL and her lawyer are as man as possible. I learn that these clerks judgment are later considered totally void if any court will ever hear this! Can anybody help?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Contra Costa County, California
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am done with the lawyer or ghost lawyer I have. He won't account to me, he is not an advocate, he says to vacate, but then he says she will re-rent before that can be heard. He is impossible for other reasons. I don't want him anymore..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes, I am victim of retaliatory eviction. LL got in 2015 an insurance claim on the unit from lady below who made a claim of her. THus LL told me she was essentially making 'the' claim on me to her insurance co. Then then began to harass me to move out. March she sued me for ULD.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been sued in ULD in COntra Costa, Calif. LL says it is move-in reason. It is not. She is blaming me for an insurance water damage claim on her unit, from the condo below me.. LL told me and turned me over to her Homeowners INC and they sent be an email, with questions making it clear I am being blamed. First 'punishment' is to get me out.
ULD court is impossible, moving to federal just bounced back, where sheriff writ defeated in April, LL got them back without notice this week, threw me out barefoot in bathrobe. This is a travesty, no judge involved here
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hi again.

I'm sorry to hear about your legal trouble? How can I help you? Do you have any legal questions?