LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

I moved into APT Jan 2-2016 , did not see lease until Jan 4

Customer Question

I moved into APT Jan 2-2016 , did not see lease until Jan 4 ,I had to get copy for Comcast ,the lease was signed E Signiture,and dated Jan 4 2016, but I never signed it ,I don't use computer, my friend is doing this today for me. When I went to manager she said if I want to move ,2 months notice and 2 months rent. She said there was nothing in lease about early termination, again I told her I didn't sign the lease, she said it doesn't matter you moved in ,so you had every intent to do so,I have tried to explain to her someone in office e signed this lease she didn't want to talk about it. What can I do
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Did you ever ask or wonder how you were allowed to move in without signing the lease? How did you know what the rent amount was and the terms and conditions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They went through all of ,rent cable, water,etc ask how long for lease,paid deposit.Was supposed to move in on 4th but moved in on 2 nd, she never mentioned lease,never saw one
Robert, what State is the rental property in?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had to go to office to get copy of lease for cable Co, the leasing agent pulled it from file and handed it to me,I realy didn't think about it at the time,I just took it to cable Co. It wasn't until I started getting sick ,trouble breathing, and noticing the water marks on walls,and mildew in cabinets,and the sewage back up that I looked at lease, I wanted to know what I had to do to Terminate lease,that's when I noticed the Esigniture,I never signed
Thank you. In Tennessee, a month to month lease can be terminated, by giving at least a 30 day written notice. The issue right now, is that they are arguing that you have a year lease, as a result of signing the lease through the email with the e sign. You are disputing this, since you do not have or use the internet, so there had to have been fraud along the way, by the management, by someone signing your name and creating a fake email address. As such, if you take the position that you do not have a lease and rent month to month, you could give the 30 day notice and then vacate. Now, if they sue, you would have to defend it and argue that you never signed the lease., there was fraud and this was done by the management.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is it possible to get a letter written to office stating my case
I am sorry but that is outside the scope of what the site can offer. You can take the information and provide it to them and demand they look into the email address where the lease was sent and signed from, to show it was not you.