Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

Can one cancel a car lease within 72 hours of of signing

Customer Question

Can one cancel a car lease within 72 hours of of signing contract
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.Unfortunately, while certain transactions (such as mortgage refinancing and telephone solicitation sales) have, by statute, 3 day rescission rights in favor of the consumer, vehicle purchases and leases are not included in those. Of course, if the lease itself has the right to cancel then that is enforceable, but there is no general right to cancel.If you have a warranty then that is enforceable and you can demand strict compliance and sue the warranty provider if they do not comply.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.