Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a problem, I was a resident at HillTop Terr. Apts -

Customer Question

I have a problem, I was a resident at HillTop Terr. Apts - apt 213 in Lexington, NC. from 07/2013 until 04/2016, we had a big problem with bed bugs & roaches, they sprayed every 3 months, then every month, then every week, sometime in Jan. 2016 they wanted me to pay for pest control of $400, I refused, they continued to provide me with pest control, in feb / march I received a notice that they wouldn't renew my lease up in july 2016, so I had to move out, privately they said if I would pay for pest control they would renew my lease / I could pay a little at a time $75 / $100, I am on a limited income - SSD and a small pension, and this doesn't count the stuff I had to get rid of the furniture and the bug stuff I got which is in the amount of $2600 +, and I didn't get back my security deposit back either. jerry
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Tina replied 6 months ago.

Hello Jerry and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult situation. When did you move out? Did you receive an itemized statement as to how your deposit was applied?