barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years

Barister you told me early that the landlord was just

Customer Question

Barister you told me early that the landlord was just blowing off steam. you said that the landlord cant evict me or terminate me and my disabled boyfriend who is disabled. The land lord was blowing off steam thinking I was going to hold him responsible for the spraying. I dont have a LEASE. I live in Florida. Can he throw us out. I pay every month on time.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 5 months ago.
Hello again,.Just so we are clear.., I said that he hasn't properly legally terminated your lease because he can't do so verbally.. So as it stands right now, he can't legally evict you....That doesn't mean that he can't do so if he does it properly..If this is in FL and you are month to month, then he can terminate your tenancy without any reason if he gives you a 15 day notice to terminate. But it has to be in writing.. if not, then it doesn't mean anything legally. That is why I said he was probably just blowing off steam. If he wanted to terminate and then evict, he would start by giving you a 15 day written notice and then evict through the courts after that notice expires..So can he just throw you out? Can he terminate your tenancy and evict?.....yes, if he follows the right legal steps to do so..I hope that helps clarify things...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much. I havent received anything yet, but I have a week left of this month rent. Then I will see on June 1.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I dont get anything on the firse I will go ahead and pay him Junes rent.
You are very welcome...Ok, then he can't do anything regarding next month because once he accepts the rent for June, he can't terminate during that month...As an aside, in addition to being an attorney, I have also been a landlord for over 26 years.....thanksBarrister