Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

The lease doesn't have a statement about them having to

Customer Question

the lease doesn't have a statement about them having to supple an suitable and inhabitable place. when i told them that this will not work my husband i2 a day sleeper the guy said he would have the manager call. they haven't. if i talk on teh phone it is a 75.00 charge everytime
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
The warranty to provide a habitable space in return for the rent is an "implied warranty". In other words, it is a binding and enforceable obligation even if not stated explicitly in the lease.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.