Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

What do I do about a rental company that I rent a trailer

Customer Question

what do I do about a rental company that I rent a trailer from just Gave me a 3 days notice.They said that I owe them $1750.00 In late fee's of $50.00 a month plus $50.00 a month rent that they said I owe them from last Feb 2015? when they said I did not renew my leasse? and raised my rent. looks like they subtracted my last months and security deposit. from balance.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post. Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit. Thank you for your cooperation,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rental company Polllard & Hedrich realty inc. gave me a 3 day notice saying I owe them $1750.00 witch is $50.00 a month plus $50. A month late fees every month dating back to last year! They say that my rent went up $50. Last February 2015 ? But they didn't say any thing to a year later?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I fight this or should I just pay the amount? Is it legal to come after me a year or more later ?
Thank you for the information. You can fight it if you did not receive a notice of rent increase. So, you can send them a notice that you dispute the validity of the debt and thus that you do not have any intention to pay the bill. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.