Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My client had signed on lease agreement after long

Customer Question

My client had signed on lease agreement after long discussion and adjustment with landlords last weekend and gave cashier's check for deposit and 1st month rent.
They said they will give the papers with landlord's signature till this weekend. Suddenly, they gave notice that their unit should be changed, not the contracted unit.
Do I need to accept landlord's condition?
Thanks.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.
1. They said they will give the papers with landlord's signature till this weekend. Are you saying that the tenants told the landlord that the LL had till this past weekend to sign?Did the landlord sign the papers on the original unit? 2. Suddenly, they gave notice that their unit should be changed, not the contracted unit.Are you saying that the LL told the tenant that the contracted for unit is not available now after both sides signed the agreement?