LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

We have a tenant in a house in California that is making it

Customer Question

We have a tenant in a house in California that is making it difficult for us to sell the house. The house is going in foreclosure and we would like to sell it. He threatened and intimidated the first realtor and now we have a second realtor and he is refusing to answer calls, notices etc. What can we legally do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you want to sell the home, the tenant needs to cooperate with the showing. If the tenant fails to do so, you could proceed and evict them from the rental. The tenant needs to receive reasonable notice, about the showing and it can not be during times which disrupt them but they can not simply act this way. You can advise them if this continues, you will evict and they will be out of the home, rather then be able to stay until it is sold.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any additional questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know