Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Is there a good place that compiles what constitutes a

Customer Question

Is there a good place that compiles what constitutes a breach of contract for a landlord, what damages can be demanded (or really whice are likely to be awardes), what the required notice time, etc? I'm specifically interested in Jackson County, Oregon law.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
Breach of contract is specific to the contract since it means failure to abide by your promised to do in the contract. Damages are also dependent on what the breach is. Therefore, if you have a more narrow question, please feel free to ask and I will try to help you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this a legally sound demand letter?Tenant infoDear Sus***** *****,On April 15th, 2016, the tenants signed a lease for the "Hazelnut Orchard" and paid you $40,000. Since then, you have violated quiete enjoyment several times, failed to provide a habitable residency, and the terms of our understanding were not legal. The contract is void. I have repeatedly made attempts to collect, but you have not come forth with the money.Due to your breach of contract, I have incurred expenses totaling over $2,600 which increase daily. I am requesting that you make the payment, $42,600 in full by May 20th, 2016, or make specific arrangements to pay the balance.I will expect a response to this letter no later than May 20th, 2016. If this matter is not resolved by the time specified above, I reserve the right to commence legal proceedings to recover the debt without further notice to you and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence of your failure to pay.Sincerely
[My info]
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
In order to answer that, I need to know who Sus***** ***** is in reference to you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have attached a copy of the lease that I believe to have been breached.I have texts showing that the landlord and I had an understanding that the lease was for a place for me to live in my RV as well. I placed my RV where I was instructed, forced to move it, and where they are telling me it must be placed in on EFU land. I cannot legally live in my RV on EFU zoned land. (1. Void due to an agreement that is not legal, right?)She also told me that I could not use the land for the scale that intended at lease signing and tried to get me to lease another piece of land. When I came up with several issues moving to the other piece of land, she told me in text message that she had already leased the Orchard the week before. There have been a few other factors which I believe to be breaches of contract as well. (2.all of these are violations of quite enjoyment, right? )
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sus***** ***** is the landlord. She is not the property owner though- she is subleasing.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have also attached a copy of her lease with the landlord which was provided to me. Well, she actually stapled her lease with the landlord and my signature page but luckily I kept an earlier version of my lease with her.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
Are you the tenant then with Ms. Wood being your landlord?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am the tenant. The other tenants have released their rights to me in text message but I'm not sure how to prepare that in writing.