Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Signed lease yesterday never received my copy which was to

Customer Question

Signed lease yesterday never received my copy which was to be emailed to me last night Landlord took $5000 and we did a walk-through and it to do list which was agreed-upon emailed me today saying we needed to talk made me wait six hours only to tell me they were not doing the to do list which includes putting up the shades that were removed from the bedroom and living room and other things. I do not want to move in and do business with these people it was a bait and switch. I have no more money and no place to go what do I do
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this. You will need to file a suit for breach of contract in small claims court to get your money back. You can also claim fraud and deceptive trade practices which might entitle you to additional damages.