Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

On April 30, 2016 I vacated a senior rental apartment at 237

Customer Question

On April 30, 2016 I vacated a senior rental apartment at*****in Farmingdale, NY. On signing a 1 year lease, (which was extended to another year), I paid a 2 month security fee ($3150.00). I received return of the security deposit (less deduction of $410.00), amounting to $2740.00. There is no mention of interest earned on the security deposit, held by the Landlord for the 2 years I lived there. Am I entitled to be reimbursed for the interest held by the Landlord? The lease allows them a 1% administration fee.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.
Good evening Gloria,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Did you live in a non-regulated building that had 6 or more units? Doug