Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

On April 30, 2016 I vacated a senior rental apartment at 237

Customer Question

On April 30, 2016 I vacated a senior rental apartment at*****in Farmingdale, NY. On signing a 1 year lease, (which was extended to another year), I paid a 2 month security fee ($3150.00). I received return of the security deposit (less deduction of $410.00), amounting to $2740.00. There is no mention of interest earned on the security deposit, held by the Landlord for the 2 years I lived there. Am I entitled to be reimbursed for the interest held by the Landlord? The lease allows them a 1% administration fee.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good evening Gloria,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Did you live in a non-regulated building that had 6 or more units? Doug