Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Goodmorning JA: Huh? Customer: my landlord is treatning to

Customer Question

goodmorning
JA: Huh?
Customer: my landlord is treatning to evict my guest
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just moved into an apartment in the houston area. and i have a guest visiting me from out of the country
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: the neighbour below me keep reporting to the management office that my guest daughter is disturbing her
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 6 months ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling matters of this nature. It is a pleasure to assist you today. Unfortunately, the landlord has the right to take this action. That said, for you to know exactly what your rights are relative to this particular property, you need to get a copy of your lease agreement and look for the contractual language in the lease that pertains to guests, rights of guests and the rights of the property as well. One alternative for you may be to add your guest to the lease as a paying tenant. This, of course, would be subject to approval by the landlord. However, if this agreement can be reached, it would give the guest more rights and would prevent them from being as easily removed or evicted from the premises. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE Stars) so I can receive credit for my response. Best wishes going forward!