KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Other
Experience:  I have over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate law, finance, consumer credit, landlord tenant, and business law.
92128996

I'm leasing a church and the landlord is storing trucks on

Customer Question

I'm leasing a church and the landlord is storing trucks on the parking lot which is taking away from my parking so some of my members have to park on the street. Do they have the right to store trucks on the lot? Also, is mice and rats a violation of my quiet enjoyment? If the landlord is harassing our members before they go into service is that violation of our quiet enjoyment? Do they have the right to have workers working in the church while we are in there and going in our rooms without notice? Can the landlord walk in our space taking pictures and doing inspections without notifying us? Lastly, if the landlord shares the building with you but in another part of the church, is it legal for them to give keys to workers and give them the code for the alarm? This bothers me because these workers come in whenever they want. Please help
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. Yes, the landlords action of parking trucks in the leased parking area for the church is a violation of the lease. Commercial leases and the use and quite enjoyment are governed by the terms of each lease. In most leases, the landlord cannot go into the premesis, access alarm codes, or interfere with your rented space without notice. Access and notice should be clearly defined in your lease. In instances such as this you should send a letter to the landlord describing the particular lease violations, and that they are to cease from entering your portion of the rented space, excluding common areas. Also harassment is a breach of quite enjoyment. I hope this helps.