Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My home flooded. My neighbors did also. He hired this Coop's

Customer Question

My home flooded. My neighbors did also. He hired this Coop's Carpet to come in and remove then wet and muddy carpet and sheetrock up 48''. I then hired them. Tyey came and offered a bid which I accepted. I thought that they would work during thw day. They came in a 5:30 and worked til 1100 the first night. I told them that they needed to work during the day as I was living in my house. My wife was in the hospital and my boy (14) was in juvie at that time. I expected them home soon. The second day they came at 5 P.M. and were upset when I told them they could only work in the day. Eventually they did not come at all. The owner of the company came by and attempted to intimidate me with loud talk and gestures. Then they would sent one or two people by to do a little removal and then leave. I paid this clown becauise I thought he would finish the job. He did not. I want my money back.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..I need to ask a few questions before I respond...1. Did they notify you when they first came out that they work after hours only?.2. Did you pay them the entire amount up front?.3. Was there any written contract regarding when they would get the job done?.4. How long has it been since they last did work?.5. Have you contacted them regarding when they plan on finishing the job?.6. How long has this been going on?..thanksBarrister