How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you get free services and what is the

Customer Question

How do you get free services for mediator and what is the procedure for a landlord who refuses to return security deposit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,While it is not always possible to get professional services for free, there are many communities that do offer landlord/tenant dispute resolution services. You can contact your local bar association for referrals, check your local phone book (or do an internet search) for landlord/tenant associations in your city or town, or contact your local chamber of commerce.If you are unable to find a mediator, you can always sue your landlord in small claims court (that is a fairly inexpensive way to handle the matter, usually costing you less than $50 to file), and the court may offer dispute resolution as part of the hearing process. Small claims is relatively informal and most hearings occur within 2-3 months of filing. (Small claims courts have packets that can assist you in filing your claim and the necessary forms (again, many courts have these available online as well).

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions