Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I put in my 60 day notice on April 1 I also moved out that

Customer Question

I put in my 60 day notice on April 1 I also moved out that day and paid them for the month on April. Last week when I was about to turn my keys in and set my move out inspection they sent me a letter saying I have to clean the carpets so I found out how to get a carpet cleaner and today I get a letter dated from the 13th saying I owe then an extra 160 to the full month of may rent saying they are going to evict me if I don't pay by Friday. I don't want to pay a full month rent if I haven't been living there plus the extra money they are saying I owe and I was living there for 3 years. So I guess the question is can they evict me l if I already moved out? And Why would I owe a full month for having the keys an extra 3 weeks??
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question....Can you tell me when your rent was normally due? (on the 1st?).What day did you go to turn in the keys?.Were you under a fixed term lease or were you month to month?..thanksBarrister