TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I picked up a horse 2 months ago and was told to take him home

Customer Question

I picked up a horse 2 months ago and was told to take him home for 3-4 months and ride him if we liked him we could pay $100 a month till paid for with a total of $750 and that was tack and all. Now she text me said $750 or the horse tonight or she is going to fill charges what can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. The easy thing to do would be to either (1) immediately pay $750, or (2) immediately return the horse. Having said that, the threat of filing charges is probably nonsense since you didn't commit any crime. The police would most likely tell the owner that it's a civil matter, and to file a lawsuit if necessary. Moreover, if you were to end up in court, you could argue that the owner breached the contract because under the terms, you were allowed to keep the horse for at least 3 months, and it's only been 2 months. But clearly the easiest way to deal with this situation is pay or return the horse. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1 -10 I rate as a
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again. I wasn't sure what you mean by your response.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.