Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney

In Glenwood Colorado can you have 2 lockoff apartment kitchens

Customer Question

In Glenwood Colorado can you have 2 lockoff apartment kitchens with hotplates and no stoves?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 5 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Most people look for basic amenities when they search for a home, especially a stove on which to cook is usually toward the top of residents’ list of needs. While it may be difficult for a landlord to rent a unit that doesn’t have appliances, it’s not illegal. However, if you rent a unit with working utilities and they break, it’s your landlord’s responsibility to fix or replace them, not yours. So the hotplates if they broke would be up to the landlord to fix but to answer your question, it is permissible if the property does not have a stove unless you could show that the hotplates are some sort of fire hazard and the warranty of habitability is being broken by the landlord. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or number from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?