Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Pearl, I currently live in a residence that has transferred

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I currently live in a residence that has transferred owners during my lease. Before I signed the lease I was told there were several things included in the rent that ended up not included in the lease. The previous owners honored this contract promise yet the new owner refuses. Could this email serve to substantiate an oral contract with the previous owner and would the new owner be bound by those terms? The new owner claims that since the previous owner did not inform them of the agreement that he is not bound by them.
JA: OK. The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have tried to contact a few local lawyers and have not heard back yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer should know?
Customer: I think that about sums it up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I should probably add that this is in the state of Texas
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..The previous owners honored this contract promise yet the new owner refuses. Could this email serve to substantiate an oral contract with the previous owner and would the new owner be bound by those terms? The new owner claims that since the previous owner did not inform them of the agreement that he is not bound by them. .Did you give them any additional money or compensation for the previous owner honoring the terms you verbally agreed on?..thanksBarrister