Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My lease will expire May 29th. The landlord required that we

Customer Question

My lease will expire May 29th. The landlord required that we give a 60 day notice if we planned on moving. At the time, we weren't planning on moving. However sue to financial reasons we need to and are unable to afford the rent due to it's new increase. We have attempted to reach out to the apartments leasing manager but haven't had any luck. She's rarely there. What can be done? Should we just move without notice on the day the lease is terminated? Please advise. I'm in Texas
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.Does the lease contain the 60 day notice requirement? Did the landlord give 60 days notice of the rent increase?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Are you online with me?