LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.

I rent out rooms in house ,one tentant refuses to pay utilies

Customer Question

i rent out rooms in house ,one tentant refuses to pay utilies and give me hrs month to month agrement 20 day notice or 3 day
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. Can you share with me what State this is in?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
king county auburn area
Thank you. Yes, if the tenant has failed to pay the rent, then a 3 day notice can be given. This notice will give the tenant the option to either pay rent within three days of receiving the notice or move out of the rental unit. The three-day time frame includes weekends and holidays. If the tenant does not pay rent or move out of the rental unit within the three-day time frame, the landlord can then file an eviction lawsuit with the court. The three-day notice to pay or vacate must be written and include the following information:date the notice was served on the tenant(s)name(s) and address of tenant(s)the reason for the notice (that the tenant failed to pay rent for a specified period of time)total amount of rent past due and where and to whom the rent should be paida statement that the tenant has 3 days to pay the rent or move out of the rental unit (the notice should specify the exact date by which this must happen), or the landlord will begin eviction proceedings, anda statement specifying how the notice was given to the tenant.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please let me know. Thanks !