MDLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years in legal practice. Over 5 years in advising clients on landlord/tenant issues, including on a pro bono basis.

Can my landlord give me a 24 hour notice with no expiration

Customer Question

Can my landlord give me a 24 hour notice with no expiration date? The notice states "inspection will be made on or after 04/28/2016". I have no idea if the inspection is done or if this gives them open ended access to my unit. I live in Oregon. Please advise.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
Is that the entire notice or is there more to it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's all there is to it
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
They can't just tell you that inspection will made on or after April 28th. You have the right to ask them what kind of inspection this is and what the window of time is. For example, when they do inspections at my property, they will tell tenants that annual inspections begin on X date up until each unit is inspected.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
As the landlord, they always have access to your unit. It's just that they need to give you notice if they enter the property.Please let me know if this has answered your question.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know, Patricia, whether you need any additional information or whether I have answered your question. If I have answered your question, please be so kind as to leave a positive rating as that is the only way that we experts get credit for the time spent with you since we are not Just Answer employees. If you need more information, just let me know and I'd be happy to continue helping you.