Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I'M PAYING MORE SQUARE FOOT THAN WHAT I HAVE AND LANDLORD MANAGER

Customer Question

I'M PAYING MORE SQUARE FOOT THAN WHAT I HAVE AND LANDLORD MANAGER KEEP IGNORING ME FOR MANY YEARS WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT I NOTICE AND I MEASURE PLACE AND I'M PAYING MORE, I WAS IGNORED AND ONLY TIME I GOT A RESPONSE I WAS TOLD THAT THEY HAVE BEST LAWYERS IN THE WORLD AND THAT WAS GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO GET SOMETHING FROM MY END.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
CAN I GET MY MONEY AND INTEREST BACK, EVERY MONTH IF I DON'T PAY ON TIME, THEY CHARGE 500
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
AM I LOOSING MY TIME LIKE THEY TOLD ME BECAUSE THEIR LAWYERS ARE THE MAXIMUM ?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Are you being charged by the square foot in your lease, or it is a fixed cost per month regardless? For example (I'll just make up numbers for this example), does the lease state that you pay $20 per square foot and that the square footage is 1000 when it is actually 900? Or does it say that your monthly rent is $2000, and it just happens to mention that the square footage is 1000 when it is actually 900?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
THIS IS WHAT I'M PAYING - 2.959 x 1778 = 5261,-
THIS IS THE EXTRA SF THAT THEY CHARGE ME = 150 SQ FT MORE FOR 2.959x MORE THAN 12 YEARS
Hi again. That doesn't quite answer my question. I'm trying to find out how you are being charged ... by the square foot or a flat fee for the entire space regardless of the square feet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ill check my contract but i pay by square foot and getting charge around 145 square foot more every month since 2003, tomorrow, i'll check numbers for sure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my english is not good talking and plus i have not money, i'm trying to get back what is being took from me reach people
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again. If you are paying by square foot, and the landlord is charging you for 150 more square feet than what you actually get, then you are obviously being overcharged, and you do have a right to a refund. The amount of the refund, however, depends on the statute of limitations in your jurisdiction. Which state are you in?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cALIFORNIA
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
mY TOTAL REAL SQUARE FOOT ARE
1628
I BEING PAYING 1778 SF
MY RENT IS $4024.82
TOTAL PER SF $2.26
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I ALSO PAY CAM CHARGES ACCORDING WITH THE SF OVER 1K MONTHLY