Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney

I have been renting months. We informed the landlord

Customer Question

I have been renting for 5 months. We informed the landlord that we will be breaking lease and the end of May via email. He never responded back to us so we decided to continue with the lease till the end. When we informed him of this his response was that we already rented the house. The question is I guess, can he force us out and if so the contract reads that I could be fined up to two months rent
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Did you ever inform the landlord that you were retracting your cancellation?Does the lease prescribe what is acceptable media for giving notice?Has the landlord released your tenancy?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Yes, the earned retirement penalty does not apply after full retirement age. Before age 66, you would be penalized $1 for every $2 earned over $15,720. Now at age 69, you have no such penalty and are free to earn as much income as you please. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.