Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I am feeling really panicked right now. I have leased

Customer Question

Hi, I am feeling really panicked right now. I have leased an apartment in Houston Texas for the past 25 years. The new owners management has given me a lot of trouble. I have always paid my bills and have not damaged their property in any way. Recently I had problems with roaches and mold and air conditioning. I emailed letters to the city government because I didn't think the apartment management would do the repairs and spraying with just my request. I have been looking for condos to buy, but nothing has worked out so far. I thought I had a condo, but it fell through because it was too small. I told one of the leasing agents that maybe I had one and the apartment management sent a letter for me to vacate the premises at the end of this month. I didn't really understand the letter. It seems they are refusing to release to me. They say it isn't an eviction but if I am forced to leave that seems like an eviction to me. I wanted to sign another lease so I could continue looking for a condo. This management is just so awful. I don't know what to do. Can you help?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licenesed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Do you have a written lease for a fixed term? Is the landlord terminating your tenancy for reproting problems to the city?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.
Are you online with me?