LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

My mgr has stated I am going to receive a 72 hour eviction

Customer Question

My mgr has stated I am going to receive a 72 hour eviction for having parked a rental car in a,spot not mine. Car had note stating if this is your spot co apt I will move car. No one let me know until she came beating on door at 830 at night . with no security peep hole being a single female I do not just open a door. I am shortening this while in process of taking tow tag off the car window she stayed I will be getting a 72 h4 notice to which I replied really you are going to break my lease for this yes. I should state she gives eviction notices alot. I am very frightened. I live in san jose ca
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. No, this is not legal or accurate. I say this because tenants have 3 days to cure (or cease) a violation of their lease or move out before a landlord may file for eviction. [Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1161(3)]. As such, if you received the notice, fix the violation and moved the car and cured it, then she would have no basis to evict you. She could give you the notice to cure and if you do and correct this, would allow you to remain. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.