Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

How can I get this house out of my name after this

Customer Question

how can I get this house out of my name after this bankruptcy discharge and am I still liable for payment to the health dept for the yearly checkup on the sewer system - have to pay this amount by May 1st 2016
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
If a bankruptcy discharge has been issued, then there is no longer personal liability for the mortgage debt. There is also no reason to pay any charges for sewer usage or the like. I presume that you are in the process of moving out, and permitting a foreclosure to take place. If you have already done so, then your responsibility for anything to do with that property is over.
I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.