CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.

I was in a verbal contract rent to own property in pennsylvania.

Customer Question

I was in a verbal contract for a rent to own property in pennsylvania. I made major improvements to the house. I have no utilities to prove I lived there, just eyewitness testimony. I was told to leave. I left. No proper paperwork was filed with the courts to make it a proper eviction. I have a pending unjust enrichment lawsuit going on as well. Is there anything I can do about the eviction?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation. You can amend your complaint for the equitable relief you are now seeking to include an illegal eviction claim as well, but as a purely practical matter do not expect any substantial damages to result from that additional claim.