Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My landlord will not renew my lease that is due 5/14/16. I

Customer Question

My landlord will not renew my lease that is due 5/14/16. I have been a tenent for 10 years and have not had any problems until recently. I was told it is because of my daughters boyfriend. They told me he was a "very bad dude" I don't know what that means. I asked the manger to pls explain that to me as I don't want to be in an unsafe situation if he is a bad guy. I was told she could not tell me per the atty for the property. I live in an apt and wondered were we too loud etc. I also asked why I was not given any warning so I could rectify any problems. She told me it was not an eviction just will not renew my lease. Because I have been such a good tenant she didn't want me to have that against me. I now have to find a place, pay first, cleaning and last months rent. I have to pay moving men as I am 66 and have arthritis. All within 20 days. I also work from home so I can't just go to a hotel temp. as I need to have my home office w/ computers set up. Is there anyway I can extend the 20 days to give me time to find a place and come up with the moving money?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.,Can you tell me what state this is in?.What are you referring to when you say 20 days?..thanksBarrister