Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

2 years rent at $950 per the paper agreement than $1200 for

Customer Question

2 years rent at $950 per the paper agreement than $1200 for yr 3 and 4 but never gave us a new contract. The rental agent said he was going to get it to me but never did.
Now he wants $1700 and said our contract went into a month to month. The question is would the month to month be on the paper contract at $950? South Carolina. Thank You
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
No, because there is no signed lease. So, the month to month would be on the year 3 and year 4 amount. Month to month is always higher than the lease amount. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.