Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I moved into an apartment 20 years ago I pay my rent on the

Customer Question

I moved into an apartment 20 years ago I pay my rent on the 3rd of the month each and every month including this month/ on March 18, I saw my landlord with cardboard boxes and asked what he was up too! he stated he was buying a house, I said really he said yes it should go thru in about two weeks(closing) and it did/ they moved out last week and when asked what about me he says I did not say you have to move/I asked him to give me six months to get some money together he said NO . we used to have a lease years ago but not any more, he stopped it many years ago. I am struggling to get money together to get out, I have packed and got rid of things as well but don't have enough money yet! now if I am a tenant at will can he sell the house around me with no notice or does he have to give me notice on the 3rd of may and I have till 3rd of june? I have never been in this position before and do not understand how they can sell a house with me in it! what is my rights/ and what should I do I believe he is elling with me as a perk and theirfore will have no legal obligation to me/ and I can be kicked to the curb by the new landlord?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 7 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state are you located? Thanks.
I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.