Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I have pertinent documents pertaining to HUD fraud by the landlord

Customer Question

I have pertinent documents pertaining to HUD fraud by the landlord and Supervisor of a management company/owner of Walker House Apartments here in Las Vegas, Nevada; where I am a current tenant. I have resided here for 8 mos.
The documents I have contains a Ledger with calculations of a balance of $3,339.99, rent hiked higher than market rent I paid and a move in date that is not consistent to my lease move in date, before entering into a HUD subsidized program for a rent reduction.
I receive SSI/SS, and from September 2015 through November 2015 I was refused a rent reduction and had to do a grievance to force the property manager ( Landlord) to start the process with HUD. There was two types of documents I signed, a recertification and a initial certification (IC) for the application for HUD.
My disability check is $753, my market rent was $650 and the Ledger stated a market price in rent of $958, with a move in date of September 21, 2015. All this was put on a computation sheet and solidified to gain approval and payment of said balance above from HUD on December 11, 2015. The recertification was signed on December 9, 2015 and a letter from the property manager was in my mailbox and on my door for approval of reduced rent on December 1, 2015.
I did another grievance to the Supervisor and gave a picture of the Ledger that contained information and balance of $3,339.99 and was sent to HUD to get approval. I was debt free when I added to the lease on August 10, 2015, for housing at market rent of $650. The Supervisor over the property manager ignored the concern I had and proceed to say, "let us do our job" to approve the application, and so on..
For doing the grievance has brought on retaliation, harassments, discrimination, violations of the privacy act and threats to intimidate me. I have been stressed, but have fought to do more grievances to the corporate office and have contacted HUD to do a complaint online and even contacted the overseers over the owners of Walker House Apartments. After getting the property manager removed, one of the upper management from the corporate office said my concerns is unfounded, but also stated that the property manager was removed.
I was instructed to give 30 days so they could hire a new manager in the office and that to hold off on the scheduling of an appointment and the will send a non representative to give my queries to. I have talked to residents here and got consented recordings of discrimination and lease issues...
I am in need of legal representation and advise of what to next. They have admitted that there is misrepresentation of information that was given to HUD that was taken off the Ledger...they are asking me to be patient with them while they fix it...they are also wanting to a meeting by April 28, 2016. What to do? I need help and so do the other tenants here at Walker House Apartments. I am just one that have stood up and spoke up. HELP!! Contact me at***@******.***
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
what can I answer you about this situation?