Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US

I was told to move my items out of storage space by saturday

Customer Question

I was told to move my items out of storage space by saturday or it will be sold. Someone else has paid all past due and was able to remove their items. Why am I being kicked out or sold?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.What state are you in? Have you been paying your rent? If not can you pay in full before Saturday?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Texas, rent already paid in full by another party
If you paid the past due rent plus all the costs the landlord incurred in sending the notice and listing the property for sale, the sale cannot go forward. At that point, the rental arangement is reinstated. However, the landlord would have the right to terminate the lease in accordance with its terms and you would be entitled to whatever notice your lease agreement provided. However, if you cured the default he cannot sell your items. Here is the relevant statute from Chapter 59 of the property code dealing with self storage facilities. Sec. 59.008. Redemption.A tenant may redeem property seized under a judicial order or a contractual landlord's lien prior to its sale or other disposition by paying the lessor the amount of the lien and the lessor's reasonable expenses incurred under this chapter. If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.
I answered your questions several days ago. Please highly rate my answer as that is the only way I get credit for working on your question.