barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years

My rental home blow up and it caught on fire. it was determined

Customer Question

My rental home blow up and it caught on fire. it was determined that my roommate who was not on the rental agreement was at fault now the insurance company wants me to pay for the damages What can they do to me
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Since you are the tenant on the lease, you are the one liable for any acts of any guests that you may have living with you. So the insurance company could sue you for the costs of any damages in civil court. .If they did so, you may be forced to file bankruptcy to discharge the debt...thanksBarrister