Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

I have been told that my land lord the she will not renew my

Customer Question

I have been told that my land lord the she will not renew my lease because I have posted to many negative things that she has done. All true, all have documents to prove what has been said along with photos. She told me herself she will not renew my lease because of this and I have it on tape. She can not renew my lease just out of the fact I have posted true things about the way she handles business and she does not like me
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 8 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.Im sorry this has happened to you. It is difficult when you feel you are in the right and difficult things happen because of it. Unfortunately, when your lease ends and the landlord complies with any notice requirements contained in the language of the lease, the landlord has the right to not renew the lease. This is a contrace for a set time and you have no legal right to stay there past that time. Again the landlord has a right to not renew your lease for any reason, right or wrong. The law will not encumber the owners right to use their property and make them keep a tenant indefinitely. I know this is not the news you want to hear, and I am sorry. I am obligated to give you correct information as incorrect information will only hurt you. I hope you understand.Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?