Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am staying in an apartment where I want out of my lease.

Customer Question

I am staying in an apartment where I want out of my lease. I signed a 6 month lease and when I went to renew I was told they were renovating and I would have to move to another apartment with upgrades and pay 200 dollars more a month. My daughter was already in school so we hired movers and now that I am here the apartment had mold for 6 weeks and I got the run around until I cleaned it myself bc I have a baby. All the upgrades are cheap and break off. I've had to show receipts that I've paid rent bc they try to keep my money and say I don't pay. I signed a 9 month and I want to move out at 6. They told me no. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.
Is the mold still present or did your efforts remove it?.Are there other conditions that affect the habitability of the property?..thanksBarrister