Steven Kincaid
Steven Kincaid, Attorney
Experience:  Experience working with evictions, subsidized housing issues and mobile home issues.
44472555

I did not respond in time. Can they evict me any day? The

Customer Question

I did not respond in time. Can they evict me any day? The forms were post marked 03/30/16. Can they lock me out of my place with all my things in the rental. Or do they typically give 30 days?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Steven Kincaid replied 8 months ago.
In what state are you? In most states, the landlord has to get a judgment in court, take a court order to the Sheriff's office, the Sheriff's office posts a notice on your door telling you how many days you have until you will be locked out and then they come on or around that day and lock you out. But there are a few states that operate differently. Which is your state?