Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My daughter apartment file eviction rent. March and

Customer Question

My daughter apartment file eviction for March rent. March and April rent had already been paid. Get to court and they still hadn't dismissed the case. Get back to the leasing office to find out that the manager had posted her April to someone else and claim she shredded March check and now want my daughter to pay 2306 for March. How can this be corrected? There have been repaired that have never been completed! Need help!
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Not right now!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..How much is daughter's rent?.Did the March check ever get paid out of her account or is the money still sitting in her account?.What happened at court? Did the judge dismiss the case or not?.Does she know what check number it was that is missing? (she can contact the bank about it).thanksBarrister