Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP

If I have been given a notice of eviction, how can I stay

Customer Question

If I have been given a notice of eviction, how can I stay until I find a new place?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Our phone number is(###) ###-#### Rick and Janet
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 6 months ago.
If you have been given a Notice of Eviction, it means the landlord is seeking to remove you from the property. If the reason for eviction is non-payment of rent, perhaps the landlord, or Court, will permit you to stay if you get caught up on rent or enter into a payment plan. If that is not possible, perhaps you can enter into an agreement with the landlord whereby you voluntarily agree to leave and in return they let you stay a bit longer so you can find a new place. This saves them time and money in Court and gets you the time you need. I hope you found this response helpful.
Did you have any further questions?