barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

Does "demand is hereby made. You are hereby

Customer Question

Does "demand for position is hereby made. You are hereby given notice to vacate on or before midnight of the 3rd day of this notice" mean I don't have the option to make payment at this time? I've been consistently late in rent and this is the first time I've seen a motive this serious and not just a reminder to submit payment.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correction - "demand for POSSESSION" and "first time I've received a NOTICE this serious"
Expert:  barristerinky replied 8 months ago.
Hello again,.That is just the technical legal demand language. It means "pay everything you owe within 3 days, starting the day after delivery, move out, or I will file to evict you through the courts"..You can still pay at any time up until midnight of the third day starting the day after you got the notice...thanksBarrister