KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of real estate experience including foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, residential sales and condo/coop matters.
8989662

I have been living with my mother in a 6 apt building in nyc

Customer Question

I have been living with my mother in a 6 apt building in nyc for over 20year. am knot on the list could the landlord evicted me if my mom pass way? What can I do to keep the apt
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today. If your mother or a parent has their name on the lease, you will be ok if she passes away. They can't kick out the children of a tenant, so you should be in good shape! Best of luck,Kim
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Love your service.
Thanks, ***** ***** help. Don't forget to close out the question with positive feedback, so I get credit for my work with you.Take care,Kim