Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am the landlord of a tenant that moved to another state leaving

Customer Question

I am the landlord of a tenant that moved to another state leaving all her household possessions in the unit. Movers were to come the same day she left, but did not come. The movers were broke down somewhere on the route. The tenant has given me two other dates that the movers should have come, but have not showed up. It has now been nine days since the owner left. The last six days I am without rent. Can I consider the tenants' belongings to be abandoned and put them in storage? What can I do?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What state is this in, please?