Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I need to file an answer tomy former landlord's second amendment

Customer Question

I need to file an answer tomy former landlord's second amendment to dispossessory action that was filed in response to my counterclaim for breach of warranty of habitability.
JA: The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'll try to be brief. Within first 30 days, rental house was not habitable due to flooding in crawlspace resulting in standing water. Landlord took no action for more than 10 days so I called code enforcement and vacated the premises. A violation was issued by DeKalb County. Landlord amended claiming damages such a replacing the heating system..... the gas heater was lying on its side with the wiring exposed to the water in the crawlspace. I have many photos, letters and emails disproving all the allegations.
JA: OK. The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: The landlord is a former realtor and knew of the conditions AND has ignored the violations issued by DeKalb Code Enforcement.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.In what respect did the amended complaint differ from the complaint you originally answered? What is the assistance you need in formulating your answer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I obtained assistance elsewhere. Thank you for responding.