Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

I live in a home owned by my mother. I've asked my ex boyfriend

Customer Question

I live in a home owned by my mother. I've asked my ex boyfriend to leave, he refuses to go. My mother served him with an eviction notice. There is no lease and he has never paid rent. I want him out now.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 8 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Unfortunately, if your ex boyfriend has lived in the house for over 30 days even if he pays no rent and does not have a lease, he is considered a tenant. He would be a month to month tenant on an oral lease. According to Wisconsin law, you must give 28 days written notice for him to leave in order to terminate the month to month lease. If there was an agreement to pay rent and he is not doing so or has broken any terms of the lease (violence, destruction of property, etc.) then you could give 5 days notice for eviction. if he still refuses to leave, then you must go forward with eviction proceedings through the court and the sheriff will have to remove him and his things after a court order. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?