Steven Kincaid
Steven Kincaid, Attorney
Experience:  Experience working with evictions, subsidized housing issues and mobile home issues.
44472555

I just got my section 8 taken away because my slumlord

Customer Question

Hello I just got my section 8 taken away because my slumlord refuse to fix anything in the apartment I've been living in my unit for 12 years and he wasn't always my landlord he was my landlord for about the first year then his cousin took over even when he came back he tried to have sex I refuse this happened several times so I made a police report things need to be fix and he would tell me to tell my boyfriend to fix it which is not professional an he refused to fix things in the apartment I call housing inspection he will fail I call Boston city housing inspection he will fail we went to court I won the trial but I didn't know that he could bring you back to court after the trial I'm not seeing the letter on the door because he told me outside of the courtroom he took the paper and he laughed so therefore he was able to get me out of the apartment within 24 hours so now my section8 is taken away and just trying to get my section 8 back I did apply for a fair hearing for my section 8 I was denied the first time they will be a letter stating that I didn't have all the correct documentation which I did but the lawyer refused to prevent it now I would like to know if you guys can help me you know I have all my rent receipts I have the letters from Boston City inspections and that he failed each and every time he was also on the news you can Google him uwa Lawrence judge Moorhead said that he was the worst landlord of all times so she told me my best advice is for me to get a good lawyer so can you please please please please help me right now I'm homeless
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Steven Kincaid replied 10 months ago.
Have you tried contacting the free legal aid agency In your area? Legal aid agencies commonly assist with section 8 issues. They have expertise and they charge nothing. If they will take your case, that is your best bet.