Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

I was renting this house in order to some day own it . well

Customer Question

i was renting this house in order to some day own it . well the land lord never wanted to fix anything the plumbing was poor and the heating wouldn't keep the house warm in the winter when i would hookup my small electric to try and stay warm it would knock off the breakers. so i decided to move i asked him and her a numerous of times to give me a receipt after i paid my rent but they would never give me one now that i've moved i need those receipts to prove i pay my rent on time. in three years while i was there i was never late on my rent. all i need him or her to do is just write a statement saying that i stayed there. but he want do that because he gets disability and wouldn't report the extra income to the IRS. so what should i do to get proof that i was renting from him and his wife
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Normally you can prove rental by lease. If there is no lease, you have proof of payments by way of checks or other manner of payment. Third, you have witnesses including landlord, tenants, and anyone else aware of tenancy. Fourth, you have mail that has come to the property to your name at the address including any utilities or other services. Any of the above is enough! Kindly rate me positively, and if I can clarify something, just ask!
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
awaiting reply/rating when ready