Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

My landlord claims he only received $900 dollars in security

Customer Question

My landlord claims he only received $900 dollars in security when he bought home. I have a receipt from original landlord I paid $1050. Am I responsible for the difference?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 9 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. No you are not, any subsequent landlord step in the shoes of the previous landlord. The landlord should be responsible for returning the entire $1050 if there are no damages. If the previous landlord did not fully reimburse the current landlord, that is the current landlord's problem not your problem. Just be glad you actually have the receipt and can prove the amount of your deposit (the lease might also state this amount). Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have nay further questions?