Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

My landloard was in the garage, she did not know I was in the hallway

Customer Question

my landloard was in the garage, she did not know I was in the hallway when she told a man she was going to get rid of me if it was the last thing she would do, already I am feeling threatend, with my appartment door left open today, and water that was left by my side of the sofa that tasted like chemicels,I am afraid of her, she told me she has Never liked me, again, I am afraid of her.would Love to have some help!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.What state are you in? Do you have a lease for a set term?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Lucy, thanks for your responce.
I am in San Francisco, and am in a rent controlled apartment, I know my landloard is angrey because she could probably get 3000 a month rather than my 1200 plus rent, in fact she told me that.
But I am in retail, went from 80000 to 60000 from 07 to 15, and am over 60 so I think I am protected by law Not to be ousted?
Anyway, have not told my family about the water scare but did tell them about what she said about if it was the Last thing she would do was to get rid of me, kind of wish I hadnt told my darling elderly parents That as now They have angst too about her:(((.
Anyway, I Am afraid of her, and have real angst about living here but there is no way for me to move, I could never afford another place in San Francisco.
So many thanks, ***** ***** your responce,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I be certain that this conversation stays with just us? Please let me know, I am a bit paranoid, so don't want to share this with anyone but you, Thanks so much,
Questions and answers are usually available to the public online, but I can ask Customer Service to block the question for privacy once we're finished with the conversation. Let me know if that's OK with you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I thought I had already paid for your input, but somehow did not see your advice, so I am confused, had to get a 500$ perscription today so do not have any extra funds, please let me know your advice if it is completly private otherwise please delete all of what I have told you, I feel like I made a horrible decission in contacting you, just soo do not want this to be public and would be grateful if you would just delete it, sorry for your time, but really did not get any true advice that I saw for my money, did I miss that? Best to you Lucy, hope you can just tell me your advice that I paid for, and if it is Not confidential, please keep the money, and I will just learn from it, I am in my 60's and just trying to get a hold of things and get help, so anyway, please do not let this conversation about pearl go out there, I Soo thought it would be private as Now my angst is even Grater!!
Oh My, Best to you,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would you Please let me know if you can erase this conversation?? Many Thanks!!!